Friday 13 May 2016

Artistic Tantrum

So, what does it mean to be an indie writer?

 I made the leap to become one but I find myself struggling to keep being one. My current project has one event at its heart and has grown haphazardly from there. When I read it over I think it is OK. But the commitment to writing more of it is hard to come by.
My biggest aim was to write a novel and I did that OK. But now I have, I have to work out the what and why of my ambitions. Giving myself permission to write is quite a struggle, especially with a full family life.
 
I think about trying to write something else; I notice that other indie authors write more commercially. But a few experiments in that have been short lived as I notice that I am boring myself.
 
I know you won't have an answer for me! That can only come from within. So I will keep examining, keep working towards my new goal. I am trying to tell myself 'Expression is better than repression. '
 
I guess I must let that journey begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment