Thursday 19 May 2016

What is it all about?

This week, I have been wrestling with a conscious decision. I know, I know, I do more wrestling than writing.

But having the current work in progress was built around a character who in turn was based upon my dad's impression of himself. When I was pondering what to write next, I had to face up to admitting to myself that there is a wider meaning to this story. My previous published work has often been about avoiding saying anything much. But this time, maybe it is time to cross a boundary. I am going to have to make a choice. Do I write in the full knowledge of what this story is truly about or do I revert back to pretending it is all about nothing in particular? A real work or another whimsical tale?

Maybe the choice is about happiness as opposed to security.

Maybe the choice is courage or cowardice.

Deep inside, the choice is made but now it is time for action.

No comments:

Post a Comment